Our Little World

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A New Diagnosis?

Paige's blood work came out okay this morning. She is a little low on almost all of her electrolytes, but not enough for them to know what is causing her dropping heart rate. Tonight just after she fell asleep the alarms on her oxygen level, heart rate and respiratory rates kept going off. If it wasn't one then it was another, if not two at the same time in the red. The general M.D. who was on call was called in. If her rates drop to those lows again then she is going to order emergency blood work to re-evaluate her electrolytes. So we are still not sure what is wrong, but something isn't quite right. In the mean time I had to have the screen turned where I can't see it anymore and the alarm turned off in the room.
It was another of a bummer day for Paige. She still didn't feel up to walking and she hardly wanted to stay in the playroom, which is usually her favorite past time. Her nurse tonight she liked a lot, Paige even giggled twice for here, it was sooo good to hear.
On a different note Paige is going to have a Kidney Biopsy when we can get more of the fluid off. Two of the specialist are thinking that Paige may have a different diagnosis then what she is currently diagnosed with. Which in a way is some of a relief. She never was a textbook case, it always seemed like the wrong size of shoe kept being put on her. Leaving frustration between the dr.'s and I. So who knows. Also I am asking for a Geneticist to look into her case. Kidney problems run in Aaron's family. It's crazy for it is selective. Only one aunt of his has grand kids with kidney problems and the diagnosis' vary with each family. Good thing it was Aaron's good looks and singing voice that won me over, it wasn't his kidney genes. (:
Thank you all of you for your thoughts, encouragement and prayers. They are felt and appreciated. They help in so many ways!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Vanae, You are such a rock. Thanks for doing these updates. Keep your chin up and we'll keep praying for you and Paige.

Diana

Kathleen said...

You are in our thought and prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated on how Paige is doing.

Michael said...

hi Vanae, we are still praying for you guys!
Can you do me a favor? When you read our most recent blog, don't say anything to Annie or Jenny? They are coming here this weekend and Sarah wants to tell them in person. :) Thanks!!

John said...

You two are such soldiers! Keep up the good fight! The Sugdens will remember you in our prayers!

Amanda said...

Hi, I'm Karen's granddaughter. I've read the past few posts and I'm so sorry that you're baby is having such a hard time. She's beautiful! Along with everyone else, we'll keep Paige, you, and your family in our prayers.

Emilee said...

Thanks for the update Vanae, I think they help the rest of us cope along with you. Info is always good. I sure love you & we're praying for all of you.

Briannia said...

Paige is so strong and has been through so much! I know you have always said that you didn't think the doctor's had her diagnosed right. Hopefully this will give them some answers. We are praying for you, let me know if you need anything.
Briannia