A lot has happened the past couple of days. Paige's low heart rate, respiratory rate and oxygen level all came up. Now there are new hurdles to tackle. She is beginning to retain fluid again even though she is getting albumin treatments. She is also retaining more then what makes sense. For how much goes in verses comes out in equation with how much she weighs in every morning is tipped to too much. I'm completely stumped where these mystery ounces are coming from. To make sure that she doesn't have access to any unrecorded fluid there is a "no fluid allowed" in her room now.
Her heart rate is now actually too high. Yesterday it got up into the 160's a few times even. The Nephrologist is concerned that Paige might have a blood clot in a main artery. They did an ultrasound this morning. In her neck and chest they could not find one, her stomach was too extended to get a good visual. An ultrasound is ordered tomorrow of her kidneys. Her blood work showed this morning that her kidneys spiraled downward a lot since just yesterday.
I am now using every alternative remedy that the dr's will allow me in conjunction with all that they are giving her. She has the Nephrologist and us, too worried.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Complications
Posted by The Turnarounds at 10:11 PM
Labels: Paige Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
I am praying for you.
We fasted today and paige is in our prayers. Let me know if there is anything we can do.
Oh, Vanae. I am so sorry. My heart aches for all of you. We, also, will pray for Paige. May God give you both strength to fight this disease. We miss seeing your smiling faces.
Man! Hang in there, both of you! Sorry I never called you last Friday, Emily had strep and I took her in. Are your kids still with Cindy? I was thinking of going and getting them tomorrow to come play. We are constantly thinking of little Paige and know we love and pray for you!
We, too, will keep praying for you. Have faith.
Vanae,
I am sorry to hear you are not getting out anytime soon. I really was hoping you could follow us out the door! Our ride home from PCMC was uneventful, thankfully, and although happy to be home, life was simple sitting ina warm hospital room knowing Bindy was in good hands, and only having one load of laundry to do every 3 days. No dishes, no cleaning toilets, just me and Bindy. I think the Lord helped me to focus on the time (one on one) I had with Bindy rather then the difficult parts. I hope you get home soon, I hope Paige is feeling better. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My best- Pamela Clark aka Bindy's mom Room #3025
BTW... our blog is:
http://clarkquads.blogspot.com/
So we can stay in touch. I have been pathetic, but will get back at it this week. :)
Pamela
pneeleman@earthlink.net
Vanae-
This is Amber! I just wanted to tell you how bad I feel for you right now! I can TOTALLY relate to you. Jessie told me all about Paige. We were in a similar position for SO long with Averi, we even had the same kidney dr.'s you have. It is so hard to be there around Christmas! We were there for every holiday it seemed.
If you need to vent or to talk just post on my blog! We will remember you in our prayers. Being patient and waiting is the hardest part! Sleeping in the hospital is the worst part! What sleep? I bet you are so tired and run down. Remember to get out as much as you can! At least for meals. It is so important to have a break! The nurses have to let you leave a little. Make them take care of Paige for an evening, or even better-go sleep in a hotel room for one night! You will feel a HUGE difference! Paige will be o.k., and she will benefit from a rested mommy. Let us know if we can help in any way!
Amber
Post a Comment