Most of the day Paige has been pretty much the same as she was yesterday. By this evening she has gotten a slight bit of color back in her face and she laughed and played some before bed. It was very encouraging and so nice to see glimpses of my little girl shinning through. She still is keeping us on our toes tonight, her heart rate keeps sliding down into the 40's. Her respiratory rate is staying high as well as her oxygen so we are going uphill from last night. Yeah!! The doctor that started rounds on Monday has been working with me well. We're getting a list together of related family who also have kidney difficulties for a Geneticist. I am also requesting for a specific gene mutation test to be done. It will tell us if Paige just has Nephritic Syndrome/Minimal Change Disease or if there is more going on. If so, that will explain why the steroids haven't worked before for us. Her kidney biopsy will be performed next week, that will also give us more of an insight with her kidneys. She is such a trooper and such a good little patient. She is becoming a little known favorite with the nurses.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I hope you can get some answers, I know you have tried everything Vanae, I think you are a trooper as well!!
you guys are in our prayers, please let me know if you need anything!
Hey I just wanted to write you and answer your request for my daughter's kidney problem. Caitlin was diagnosed with a multi-cystic kidney while I was still pregnant. However it really hasn't affected her so I don't know if that info will help any. It's good to hear that Paige is doing a little better. What a brave little soldier she is. You too! I hope the geneticist can find something soon. Good luck!!
It must be like taking a deep breath to have a day like that. There will be more of those. Love ya!
Hey Vanae, your kids are getting so big and cute! I'm sorry about Paige, she'll be in our prayers. Shes very lucky to have been born to such a good family. You are such a good/cute mom too!!!!
Post a Comment