Our Little World

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Miracles

First I would like to make a disclaimer. It seems that I jinx us, or maybe it is reverse psychology that attracts the complete opposite that I am aiming for. Whichever it is, I am acknowledging it, in hopes that by acknowledging it, it my reverse phsychology will be reversed. :-)
Paige's stomach has begun to shrink substantially. Before, it had gone down and then started to swell again (remember the blood clot in a main artery and the stomach infection scare). She is looking and doing so well that the Dr. and I have a goal for her to be able to go home Friday for Violet's birthday party. We will have to come back down for the kidney biopsy, but she is up for some cheer. She didn't have much of a Halloween nor Thanksgiving with everything going on.
Over this past week we had some pretty big scares. With all the symptoms that were being presented it looked strongly as though Paige had a blood clot in a main artery. She's had ultrasounds done on her chest and neck, kidneys and legs and no blood clots have been found. With her stomach; the tenderness, tension, diahrea and vomiting made us all worry that she had an infection either in her intestines or in the excess fluid in her stomach, both very dangerous, but her films and blood cultures came back good.
I see the Lord's hand in the care of Paige. I am so grateful for His blessingon her. Things didn't go as quickly or as smoothly as most admitted nephrotics, but boy have we been fortunate with the risks that posed a threat. We believe that Paige has a great work to do on the earth.

1 comments:

The Huffmans said...

That is great news to hear! I am so glad that she is doing better. Thanks for keeping us posted. I think of you guys often. I agree, Paige is very special and has a special purpose on Earth.