Our Little World

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Back to the Land of Living / Words I thought I NEVER would hear

Aaron's parents came and stayed for the weekend. The girls really liked it. Infact when we were walking out of the airport to the car Paige asked where were grandpa and grandma going? When we told her back to Idaho, she informed us that she wanted to go with grandma.

Now that Teigan is two weeks old I am returning to the land of living, stacked up: laundry, ironing, bills, and cluttered bedroom. I just about have it tackled, (well except for ironing and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.) Nikkala I beleive that the laundry fairy has started to make frequent visits to my house. Not to clean my laundry, but has been greatly increasing the volume of laundry to be cleaned.

I never thought I would hear the words, "I want daddy" come from Paige's mouth. Recently they have been becoming more and more frequent, along with other words like, "I don't want you mommy, I want my my dad ect...." I think Paige was used to me tending her, especially with all of the medical complications. Now that I haven't been able to pick Paige up and I haven't been quite as fatigued as I was when I was pregnant, so I follow through more strictly, Paige is having a learning experience. If you're wondering whether or not I am hurt by her wanting daddy, no I'm not. Infact it's liberating. For now I haven't had to deal with, "no I want mommy to hand it to me" for a while.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I've always really enjoyed that the kids ask for Chris when he is around. I just shrug my shoulders and tell him "sorry, they haven't seen you for so long, I guess it's your turn". How can he argue, right? Enjoy every moment. And golly, Teigan is only 2 weeks, don't rush into life yet, take another couple weeks off! You need to get your strength, you know you have to move again soon. Take it easy for now! :)