Our Little World

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Embarrassed?!?

Tonight we went to watch a baseball game that Aaron and his co-worker's play. Paige was enjoying running around and playing with some of the other kids. I noticed that her pants we getting a little low and beginning to get muddy on the bottom. When I walked over to her she seemed a little bothered. When I offered to help her with her pants she said, "no, I will do it," ran off to the side in not such a noticeable place, pulled them up, then ran off with her new friends. Is my four year old already embarrassed when mom comes around while she is with her friends?

3 comments:

Erin said...

So sad when the kids get to that point! Kado refuses to hold my hand or give me a hug in public (public being anything outside our front door). It makes me feel bad, maybe if I were a cooler mom - he wouldn't be embarrassed.
Good luck with Paige.

Koi said...

Oliver started doing that the first day of preschool last year. He just about died the day I had to pay his teachers. He told me "mom, you can just give the money to me and I will give it to her." I guess if I wouldn't wear my Pj's when I drop him off he wouldn't be so embarrassed. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

just take them off, they should be naked until 16 anyway