Our Little World

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Paige Update

Aaron flew in yesterday. The girls and I were so glad to see daddy. Since then we have been scampering to finish Christmas shopping.
The doctor appointment Paige had on Wednesday went well. I was impressed by the doctor. She confirmed some things that I have been concerned with Paige. Paige is losing an incredibly high volume of blood through her urine, which I wondered if she was anemic for she went from being a child who is never cold to a child that never warm. From the strong medicines that Paige has been on her thryroid and pretty much everything else has aged encredibly. Her liver is under a great amount of stress and her stomach is "ground meat." One of the things that I learned that I didn't know before is that when your body retains a high volume of fluid the fluid becomes stagnet very quickly, for the body isn't getting the waste out through urine so it stays in the water, damaging the muscles, tissues and organs. With Paige being so swollen so many times and to such extremes with such strong medications being trapped with the waste her poor little body internally is similar to that of a middle aged persons. The good news is that she is so young, meaning that she is very repairable! Yea! We just need to get her out of this relapse so we can give her body as many tools as possible to regenerate and repair.
Paige has concerned me the past few days. Sunday morning she was just about down to a 1+, but with traveling, along with many other changes her protein has been trying to sneek back up toa 3. She has swollen back up a few pounds again, it is always harder to control when we're not home. I had to run to the store to pick up a few shirts, (they fit when we left Virginia, but not anymore.) :) This afternoon she bad blood when she had a bowel movement. It worries me for I'm not sure why, and second she is already losing a high volume through her urine, so that is why she is anemic. The doctor that we met on Wednesday doesn't have her medicines ready yet, for they are tailored to each individual patient in the lab. I just keep telling myself that this will be the answer!!!

1 comments:

Megan and Alyvia said...

Oh, poor Paige. She is probably tired of being sick. I am so glad you went to the docotor and she gave you some answers. I really hope the meds she gives Paige helps. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, we ordered a bunch of oils and vitamins, so if you need to use any, let me know, seriously!