Our Little World

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Paige Update

Tomorrow is Aaron's final! Let's all wish him luck on it. An update with Paige is that she will not be having a kidney biopsy at the begining of February anymore. Her specialist was having it scheduled due to Paige not responding to the medicines, except for side effects. Last week we had more blood work done (a constant process) and this has been the best results yet. Her albumin was up, (the protein in the blood). She is still spilling protein in the 2+ region, but today it looks like it is considering making the drop to the 1+ region. So maybe in the next day or two she will take that leap!! Yay!! The biopsy was cancelled for her specialist admitted that even with the biospy there isn't much that could be done differently. Paige hasn't responded to any of the other medications, the main one that she is on at the moment, she hasn't responded to really much at at all either. Due to that Paige is about to be classified in the catergory of the worst kind of Nephrotic Syndrome. We now have the supplements from the doctor that we saw in Idaho to help Paige's body repair and heal. Which I am grateful for, for she since she hasn't responded to much else, this is another avenue giving hope!

6 comments:

Briannia said...

Oh, I hope thos supplements work, I remeber you said they tasted pretty awful. Poor Page and your family have been through so much.
Let me know if there is anything I can do.
all the best,
Briannia

Erin said...

I feel so bad for your poor little Paige. I can't believe how long she (and you for that matter) have had to deal with this roller coaster of a nightmare. I am so sorry, I wish I could help. Good luck, we are thinking of you. Let us know how that sweet little baby is coming along too.
Tell Aaron good luck on his final!

JC Photography said...

Good Luck with everthing. What a huge trial you are facing. You are in our prayers!

Koi said...

I'm so sad to here of Paige's ordeal. I really hope she starts responding to stuff.

I am however very excited to see that you've entered the "Blog" world. I love doing back grounds and stuff for people so if you want me to spice your blog up just let me know!

It was nice talking to you the other day. Take care!

John said...

Wow, I didn't realize how serious Paige's condition was, but that's good that she seems to be improving!

I don't remember your email address so I'm going to reply to your comment on my blog here.

I didn't quite understand the question you asked. Were you looking for a free spreadsheet program or for a program to teach you how to use spreadsheets?

Annie Japannie said...

Poor little thing. She is such a trooper. I wish you all the best!

-Anneke (Morgan)