Our Little World

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update on Aaron

Aaron was released from the hospital Monday afternoon. He seems to be doing quite well. I tend to worry a little for he just doesn't know when to stop. He is trying to keep up and get caught up on projects with this forced time off. I'm sure he is tired of hearing, "oh honey be careful, I don't want you to end up with a hernia."
Today is a good example of him overdoing it. One of our rental houses had a shed that needed some work done on the roof for the tenants. We had someone scheduled to work on it Saturday, but we all know how hard it is to have good maintenance people who do a good job or do the work at all. Pardon me. So here it is today, a strong windy day and the steep steel roof is still needed to be mended. Guess who went over and fixed it. I was scared that he would break his back. Hopefully when he goes in for his follow up appointment they won't be informing him that now he has a hernia. I can't watch him too closely it stresses me.
One other thing that he does now, is gasp for air once every four minutes. It FrEaKs me OuT! The first day he was home from the hospital I was scared that he was going to end up on the floor unconscious. He says that he always has done that, but now that his stomach hurts it is much more dramatic when he takes a big breath of air in.
Whatever. I'll make it through this week yet, wither with a head full of white hair or diabetes from stress eating 49 lbs of chocolate. (oh ya, Paige is in another relapse and is once again not responding to the meds. I'll catch you up in another post. I am saving my energy to make it to bed to night.) Have a Great night/Day!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

jeez, it's bad enough for aaron to be out of commission (or at least less than 100%) but to worry about the kids on top of that has got to be so hard. i'll send all my positive energy to you so you can make it through this!

Emilee said...

Hang in there Vanae. Please call me if there's anything I can do.

Brigette said...

I don't know how you do it, Vanae. My prayers are with you.

Annie Japannie said...

Oh man. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Megan and Alyvia said...

Holy moly!! That stinks Aaraon had appendicitis!! Hope you guys are doing alright, please call me if there is anything I can do for you guys!!!

The Huffmans said...

Hey! I'm glad that Aaron is okay. I wish we were there so I could tell you to drop the kiddos off so you could get a break. :( I miss you. I'll give you a call soon. How are you holding up?