No I said appendicitis. Friday Aaron had commented that his stomach wasn't feeling so well. Me, "I told you not to drink that whole milk, now you have a belly ache." As the day progressed he commented a few more times that his stomach didn't feel so well, but kept eating anyways, (would you have taken him to seriously while he kept munching away?)
By 5pm he was laying on the bed saying, "I really don't feel so well." Me, "It's probably food poisoning, once you get everything out of your system you will get starting to feel better." Him, "I've had food poisoning before and this doesn't feel the same." Around 8pm he started moaning and vomiting. No worries. Here do this and this and take this and you will feel better in an hour. Plus his parents happened to stop by, so his dad gave him a blessing, so it really couldn't be that bad, right!? Around 3am or so I wasn't so sure that it was food poisoning. But he didn't have a fever, no gas, no runs, hmmm..... looked and sounded like..... I'm not sure, I'm stumped.
At 5am I debated on taking him to the E.R. but you know how that seems to go. You wait an hour and a half just to get back in a cold room, then another 45 minutes for the doctor to come into the room. Then 30-45 minutes for the filabotomist (sp?) to come and get your blood then another hour and a half before the doctor comes to tell you that you must just be sick, go home and take a Tylenol. Then wait 50 minutes to get discharged. What a nightmare.
Me, "Well Urgent Care opens at 8 or 9, you might get seen there before you would at E.R." Poor guy he really tried to tough it out since his insensitive wife was practically forcing him to be captive in his own bedroom. At 7:30am he was moaning and having a hard time breathing because of the pain, it just wasn't his stomach anymore, the area of discomfort grew. Yep, it was time to take him in. And guess what, the E.R. was immediate care. (If you have to go to the E.R. go during or close to doctor office business hours, this will save you A Lot of time and a hassle.) We arrived at 8am. (I called in advance to inform them they had a possible appendicitis patient coming, they didn't sound too amused.)
When we arrived it was confirmed it was his appendix. Poor Guy, they even ruptured. Aaron's favorite part of the E.R. evaluation was when the dr. pushed on his stomach then let go quickly. His eyes were all lit up. A Cat Scan, blood work, surgery and 9 quarts of rinsing fluid later he was a man without an appendix. He is in the hospital until Monday or Tuesday. On a restricted fluid diet, (he loves it.) Until further word, I'll keep you posted. Gee some guys will do just about anything to get out of a work week. =0)
Sunday, November 9, 2008
A Penny Excited?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I am so sorry. I hope he recovers quickly & is stronger & better than ever.
That's terrible! I wonder what caused it? I bet he'll appreciate the tlc while he's feeling blue, though. I know Weston moans and groans until I give him the attention he's looking for. :)
I guess the rock in his stomach about the elections was really his appendix huh? ha h I hope he gets feeling better soon! We're thinking about you guys! :-)
Wow! He is one tough guy! He had to really be hurting, but he was still trying to wait. Thank goodness he's on the way to feeling better now.
Aww poor guy. I got mine out when I was preggers with Simon and had no idea. Not a fun thing. Hope he's feeling better.
Post a Comment