Our Little World

Friday, May 9, 2008

My Own Personal Trainer

Now that Teigan is 3 months old, I decided that it was about time to get working on myself. I started Polotis. Which is great, I enjoy doing it, and hey it's only 20 minutes, you can't beat that! I wake up, pour the kids their cereal and hurry to sneak it in before they finish breakfast. (An insight: I have a very BIG complex about anyone watching me excercise, especially to a video. So do I excercise around Aaron, Nope!) Well the past few mornings Paige has hurriedly finished her breakfast so she can watch me. Fun! For her maybe. Since my stomach is a little weak after having Teigan and since I just picked it up again, I do the modified version. While Paige watches me, she likes to "help" me. "Mom you're not not doing it right. Do it like the lady, here let me help you...." And so this is how my new "mommy time" has been spent the past few mornings. Yesterday morning one of her comments was, "mom your not excercising very well."

2 comments:

Sarahleigh said...

Don't you just love her age :) I suppose it will all be worth it in the end though. Eventually she'll lose interest though. I remember watching my mom work out to old Jane Fonda tapes when I was about Paige's age. Sometimes we'd even join in! Maybe you can distract her by having her try to exercise too!

Erin said...

Everyone's a critic! I hate it when Macie offers pointers. Good job working out with a baby, I am really nervous that I will not keep up with it once she is on the outside. I know I will use the excuse that I am tired and just couldn't possibly do it. Keep it up - you'll be my inspiration!