Our Little World

Monday, March 9, 2009

Clearing the Smoke

To those of you who have given unconditional support Thank You So Much, it helps more than you will ever know. I would like to clear come confusion and misconcepts and put some of you at ease. Unfortunately some believe that Aaron and I won't let Paige get a transplant, which was recommended by one of the specialist. This is not accurate, let's clearify. "Letting" Paige "get" a transplant is so much more risky then other kidney transplants that you might know. The risk rate of someone with FSGS getting FSGS in their transplanted kidney is a very high percentage. Once you have a transplant you are on anti-rejection medicine for the rest of your life. When we lived in Virginia the Nephrologist there tried this medicine on her in attempt to pull her out of that relapse. Little to no progress was made after being on this medication for 3 months, she grew some serious side effects that her Dr. has never seen someone react with before. This was taken in part of our pondering as parents, what if her kidneys were taken out and after her transplant her body would once again gain these side effects. What would the the solution to this dilemma? And would her body then reject her transplant from side effect complications? We knew that we had big decisions to make so we took time (a lot of time) to do some pondering, praying, and fasting to know our Heavenly Father's will. The answer that came to us was that if her kidneys were to be removed it wasn't to be at that time. It has been a big leap our faith, but we feel safe. It is difficult when we're faced with criticism, but we value God's Will the greatest. It is hard for us to see Paige so uncomfortable and not look like herself. It is hurtful when these misunderstandings are spread.

1 comments:

Melanie Hanni said...

Dear Aaron and Vanae, I hadn't heard you were even thinking about a transplant, but the one thing I do know is that you two are the best parents ever - with your faith, fasting and prayer, I have NO doubt you have reached the right decision for your family. I would hope beyond measure that NO ONE would judge you - No one could know until they had walked a mile in your footsteps. I pray the very best blessings of Heaven will be poured out upon your family. When life gets real tough I love what the Lord had to say to Joseph Smith - D&C 121: 7-8 My parents, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
I know God accepts your offering. Love Melanie Hanni