Our Little World

Friday, October 17, 2008

Hallow's Eve Help

Even though Halloween is just around the corner, I still don't have a witty costume theme for Aaron and I yet. The other day while visiting with a friend she suggested for us to be "The Incredibles." Perfect! Aaron has blond hair, mine is short and Teigan would make a great little Jack. (We even have a Violet too, but she is more interested in being Tinkerbell instead.) When I mentioned this Wonderful idea to Aaron his reply was, "There is No Way that I am going to wear red tights!! ...How about Peter Pan, and you could be Wendy, we even have a little Tinkerbell already." me- "What?! Peter Pan wears green tights. Besides Mr. Encredible's pants don't have to be tights." He still won't budge. Does anyone have any clever ideas for our costumes?
Now my next dilemma. When I learned that our ward is doing a Primary Halloween Carnival I offered to make a cake or two for a cake walk. I was asked to make it into cupcakes instead and make numerous ones. Fun! I don't mind, except I don't have any fun cupcake ideas for the kids. I can only think of white frosting with raisins for ghosts and black twisty licorice for spider legs, but I have not yet found a store that carries black pull a part licorice. I'm not the most creative person, a great copy cat, but not so much of an originator. Then when you add not being the quickest & most successful person at finding what I really am searching for on the internet, yikes, I'm in trouble, I know. All fun cupcake ideas are also welcomed. Please!!

4 comments:

Nikkala said...

I saw a couple that went as Joy and Earl from My Name Is Earl (don't know if you have seen it). The costumes wouldn't be too hard to come up with as long as Aaron isn't opposed to sporting a mustache and you can find a blond wig.

And here's some cupcake ideas. Good luck. http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2007/11/halloween-cupcakes.html

The Turnarounds said...

Nikkala you always have the scoop. Can I be you when I grow up? :)

Sarahleigh said...

Hi :) http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/halloween_ms_food/ this website has some cute/easy recipes. Good luck! Mike and I were snow and rain last year. Mike was rain, and he liked it because he carried spray bottles around and sprayed people all night. It was fun!

John said...

Turnarounds:

No, we're not having a reception. However, Katie and I will have to come down to Blackfoot and meet up with all of you, perhaps in December.