Our Little World

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Little Help

Does no one out there who is so much more computer literate than me, not have any suggestions?! Come on, you know you want to donate a little time to a charitable cause. I'm totally serious about needing some help as to what to do about my blog. If you know what I put and where I put what I put, that makes my blog address immediately pop up when you blog my name can you tell me. I love having a blog, I just don't want it so easy to find, (you know from the scarey's that I have imagined up in my mind.) I'm serious about needing a hand here. (:

4 comments:

Nikkala said...

Vanae I don't know exactly what kind of help you are looking for, but there are a few different things you can do to protect yourself.

On your dashboard under Settings and then Basic you can choose "no" for Add your blog to our listings and Let search engines find your blog. This will help protect you a little and make people work a little harder to find you, although your blog will still be public, meaning anyone who types in aaronandvanae.blogspot.com can see your blog.

If you want to go private then under Settings and Permissions you can choose "Only people I choose" and then you can add those people who you would like to have view your blog.

Hope that helps.

John said...

Part of the problem is that your name, when you sign your blog, is Turner family. You might have to change that to "vanae" or maybe "V" or something like that. Also, you'd have to edit all the "Turners" out of your previous posts. That might take some time, but it would make it less easy to find you.

Hope all is going well. I need your address cause I'm getting married!!!

-John

Cindy said...

i agree with that changing the settings so the search engines can't find you is a good way to go. you're still out there, but not as accessible.

here's one more thing to keep in mind...if you comment on someone's blog, then anyone who sees the other person's blog can click your comment and get to your blog. i've found a few people from their comments on other pepole's blogs.

not sure if that helps or gives you more reasons to be worried!

Emilee said...

Sorry, can't help you on this one, but I love your template. You are such a sweet person!