Our Little World

Friday, September 18, 2009

Spud Harvest

The past two weeks I have been driving Spud Harvest. I did it once 5 years ago and felt like I was going to have a heart-attack every time I got under the combine. This go around was much better, the first two days were breaking in. Once the steering on my truck was fixed it helped a lot. What helped the most was when I learned that I could raise my seat. It made all the world of a difference. Driving like a grandma looking through the steering wheel really can add stress when you are driving a 10 wheeler desperately trying not to hit the boom on the combine. Believe it or not this is my truck. If you are wondering if I have my CDL, I don't. In Idaho you don't have to have one I guess, probably any other state would. One of the guys there asked when they started letting kids work for them, and it wasn't when I brought Paige, that he asked.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I loved catching up on your blog and I LOVE the harvest pic. Paige looks adorable, her hair is growing so fast!! Hope you guys are doing good, we miss you!
-Megan and Alyvia

Cindy said...

everyone gets involved in spud harvest! i can only imagine how much better it is with the seat raised. i'd freak out too looking thru the steering wheel.

Erin said...

Glad you survived harvest - so when I saw a truck driving with no "driver", that was you prior to learning the seat moved?

Jill said...

Wow, you look like a real farm girl! So different from life here in Salt Lake!! I would never dare drive a truck like that...

Cox Family said...

What cute pictures! It gives me allergies just looking at them though...lol! Isn't summer in Idaho the best?